What Is It Like Living In Draper, Utah?

Moving to a new city is a major transition, but properly researching your destination can help you feel more prepared and comfortable about your move. Draper, UT, is a scenic and exciting place to live with excellent schools, a growing job market and numerous outdoor recreation areas.

Learn more about living in Draper, Utah, and all you need to know about the area in this comprehensive guide.

What Makes Draper, Utah Unique?

Why is Draper a good place to live? This small city of roughly 51,000 is known for safe, family-friendly neighborhoods, abundant municipal services, a thriving economy and easy access to outdoor adventure. All the action and amenities of Salt Lake City are only about 20 miles from Draper, meaning residents enjoy the best aspects of a tight-knit community and big city action.

Here’s what you need to know before moving to Draper, Utah:

Safety

One of the most common concerns when moving to a new city is safety. Whether moving as an individual or a family, you want to feel secure in your new home and neighborhood. Niche.com ranked Draper the 11th best suburb for raising a family in Utah. 59% of poll participants stated that they feel very safe with no safety concerns. The other 41% stated they generally feel safe, with some safety concerns.

A few of the safest neighborhoods in Draper are SunCrest, Bellevue and South Mountain. All are planned communities with parks and recreational activities for individuals and families to enjoy.

Climate

Draper is on the eastern portion of the Wasatch Front, resulting in slightly cooler temperatures than the heart of the valley. Spring is mild, summers are typically hot and dry, and fall brings back the mild temperatures ideal for outdoor adventures.

Snow is common in the winter months, but accumulations are typically small.

Employment Opportunities

Draper boasts a thriving economy with many available work opportunities. Several major corporations are in the city, including StubHub, TD Ameritrade and 1-800 Contacts. The city’s major employment industries include retail trade, professional services, tech services, healthcare, finance and education, among others.

Education

Parents moving their families to Draper are undoubtedly concerned about education. Draper is within the Canyons School District, the best school district in Utah. The city is home to five of the district’s top 20 schools.

Outdoor Adventures

Draper is known for its countless opportunities for outdoor adventure. The city offers 5,000 acres of open land and 117 miles of hiking trails. It has more open space and trails than any other city on the Wasatch Front. Favorite activities include mountain biking, hiking, dog walking, horseback riding and even hang gliding.

Dining and Shopping

There’s plenty of indoor fun to be had in Draper too. Penny Ann’s Café has an unbeatable breakfast, while the Ridge Market and Café is award-winning for its picturesque views and brick oven pizza. Whether you’re seeking a burger at the Garage Grill, Mexican cuisine at Gual Bertos or fine dining at the Charleston Draper, you can find it all in this mountain city.

Residents don’t have to venture to Salt Lake City to shop until they drop. Draper Crossing, the Hidden Valley Shopping Center and Draper Peaks are all-in-one places to shop and dine without leaving the city.

Move to Draper With the Best

Best of Utah Moving Company has won multiple awards as the highest-rated moving company in Salt Lake City and Utah. We’re proud to offer our unrivaled moving services, including packing, loading, unloading, unpacking and more in the scenic city of Draper. Contact us for a free estimate today!

Read More Posts

LOREM IPSUM

Get In Contact With Us

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur. Consectetur adipiscing gravida proin tortor pellentesque euismod tellus placerat. Eu fusce aliquet augue.